JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING IS DIFFERENT AT PURDUE POLYTECHNIC HIGH SCHOOL:
CLASS FORMAT, IN-CLASS EXPERIENCES, TEACHING STYLE, LEADERSHIP, AND GOALS FOR GRADUATES
Purdue University is reinventing high school with the launch of the Purdue Polytechnic High School on the Near Eastside of Indianapolis in 2017.
- Too many students who are talented in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) are not succeeding or being challenged in today’s traditional education system.
- Our goal is to successfully prepare students for college and careers while providing skills necessary for an evolving workforce.
- Our groundbreaking teaching and learning techniques are being designed to help underrepresented and underserved students thrive and gain valuable STEM knowledge and skills.
- With a heavy emphasis on learning by doing, the curriculum will give graduates deep knowledge, applied skills, and experiences in the workplace.
- This intense program can be a stepping stone to a college career at Purdue University or a direct pathway to a high-tech career, where graduates’ precise skills will help them be successful.
Who should apply?
We want you as a student at Purdue Polytechnic High School if you are curious, inquisitive and action-oriented -- if you want to experience the connection between the classroom and life.
Frequent Parent Questions
Will students wear uniforms?
Yes. We will expect students to follow a dress code.
Will transportation be provided?
Yes. Indianapolis Public Schools will provide student transportation as part of the school’s Innovation Network School agreement.
Will there be sports teams?
We plan to have our students choose which extracurricular activities to offer at Purdue Polytechnic High School.